ONxpress Transportation Partners has been named “first promoter of the negotiations”.
The team is made up of
- lead applicant – Aecon Concessions, John Holland, Meridiam Infrastructure, Alstom Transport Canada
- construction team – Aecon IM, John Holland, Alstom
- design team – WSP, Hatch, Alstom
- operation and maintenance team – Deutsche Bahn, John Holland, Aecon O&M
- Financial Advisor – RBC Dominion Securities
Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario (IO) announced the procurement for all of GO’s expansion work in the corridor. The package is the largest and most complex element of the GO Expansion program.
The works include the design and construction of the infrastructure, followed by 25 years of operation and maintenance.
A second team, EnTransit, was chosen as the second promoter of the negotiations.
The shortlist was announced in 2019.
Metrolinx and IO are now entering into negotiations with ONxpress Transportation Partners to confirm the technical and financial details offered in the bid.
If the negotiation process is successful in the next few weeks, the next step will be the confirmation of the commercial close, at which time the development phase will begin.